Most people don't realize how much editing goes into a church
bulliten or newsletter. Some announcements have to be completely
rewritten because if they appeared the way they were submitted, it would
lead to total confusion. Below are some examples:
- Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.
- For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery
- This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Martin to come forward and
lay an egg on the altar.
- Next Sunday, a special collection will be taken to defray the cost of
the new carpet. All those wishing to do something on the new carpet may
come forward and do so.
- A 'Bean Supper' will be held next Sunday evening. Special music will
- At the evening service tonight, the topic will be 'What is Hell?' Come
early and listen to the choir practice.
- The flower on the altar this morning is to announce the birth of David
Alan Hunter, the sin of Rev. and Mrs. Hunter.
- The United Methodist Women have cast off clothing of every kind. They
may be seen in the church basement this Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.