12 Tips from Junior Employees to Senior Managers on how to Enhance the Relationship:
- Never give me work in the morning. Always wait until 5:00 and then
bring it to me. The challenge of a deadline is refreshing.
- If it's really a "rush job," run in and interrupt me every 10
minutes to inquire how it's going. That helps.
- Always leave without telling anyone where you're going. It gives me
a chance to be creative when someone asks where you are.
- If my arms are full of papers, boxes, books or supplies, don't open
the door for me. I need to learn how to function as a paraplegic
and opening doors is good training.
- If you give me more than one job to do, don't tell me which is the
priority. Let me guess.
- Do your best to keep me late. I like the office and really have
nowhere to go or anything to do.
- If a job I do pleases you, keep it a secret. Leaks like that could
cost me a promotion.
- If you don't like my work, tell everyone. I like my name to be
popular in conversation.
- If you have special instructions for a job, don't write them down.
If fact, save them until the job is almost done.
- Never introduce me to the people you're with. When you refer to
them later, my shrewd deductions will identify them.
- Be nice to me only when the job I'm doing for you could really
change your life.
- Tell me all your little problems. No one else has any and it's nice
to know someone is less fortunate.