A priest, a doctor, and an engineer were waiting one morning at the
third tee (par 3, 185 yards, slight dog leg to left, water hazard
on the right) while a particularly slow group of golfers were flailing
away ahead of them.
- What's with these guys? We must have been waiting for 15
- I don't know but I've never seen such ineptitude!
- Hey, here comes the green keeper. Let's have a word with
- Hi George. Say George, what's with that group ahead of us?
They're rather slow aren't they?
- Oh yes. That's a group of blind fire fighters. They lost
their sight while saving our club house last year. So we let them
play here anytime free of charge!
- Wow! Thanks for the scoop George.
- That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them
- Good idea. And I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist buddy
and see if there's anything he can do for them.
- After a short pause ...
- Why can't these guys play at night?